Summer Holidays . . . . .Time to Relax, Refresh & Recharge
All the advice tells us: Regular holiday breaks allow us to: Reduce Stress, Be healthier, Happier, Improve Productivity, Be more creative, Open you up to New ideas… Improve yourself & relationships!
Holidays for Business Owners……HOW TO MAKE WORK IN PRACTICE!
(No paid holidays….no one to cover for you…..customers’ demands….I might as well be working!)
A BUSINESS APPROACH TO HOLIDAYS!
“PLAN A PRODUCTIVE Holiday”!?! How?
1: Define Success
- Isn’t just relaxing enough? Maybe….
- You have Goals, Targets, and KPI’s for your business….
- A successful holiday is…? Time with kids, Catch up with reading, Reconnect with spouse… etc.
- Prioritise Goals… Specific Actions to achieve…family dinner every night!
- Work & life are intermingled … lines are blurred… 24/7….
- Realistic to unplug, disconnect…don’t check email?
- Leverage connections…build real, meaningful, genuine relationships with business contacts & “friends”(those you enjoy spending time with)
3: Back to work
- Plan your re-entry!
- Allow a “Catch-up” day on first day back
- Be productive…realizing time will be spent on emails, calls etc
- Don’t over schedule, be wrong frame of mind – allow first day / week back to negate the positive effects of your holiday.
- Enjoy being back!